When I think about Thanksgiving I picture beautiful Autumn scenery, family time, and lots, and lots, and lots of food. Preparing and eating meals as a family is such an ingrained part of our country’s Thanksgiving ritual – Whether it’s your parents and sibling, your roommates, or the family you’ve created for yourself as an adult in a new city.
Whether you’re cooking the whole meal from scratch or bringing a dish or two for your host or hostess, here are some delicious, healthy recipes that you can try out – From savory entrees to mouth-watering desserts to fun twists on classic sides, there’s something for everyone to get excited about here.
- No-fu Love Loaf from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan
- Tofu Loaf from Vegan Mother Hubbard
- Stuffed Bell Peppers from Vegan Mother Hubbard
- Chickpea Tart from Dreena Burton’s Plant-Powered Kitchen
- Creamy Vegan Broccoli and Rice Casserole from Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen
- Glazed Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf from OhSheGlows
- Bourbon Vanilla Cranberry Sauce from Eat, Live, Run
- Green Bean Casserole from Peas And Thank You
- Sweet Potatoes with Candied Pecans Recipe from Fork & Beans
- Crowd Pleasing Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing from Choosing Raw
- Herb & Cheese Drop Biscuits from OhSheGlows
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving: Southern-Style Cornbread Stuffing from FitSugar
- Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes from Peas And Thank You
- Super-Awesome Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms from Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen
- Cranberry Raspberry Relish from Forks & Beans
- Fall Detox Salad at OhSheGlows
- Strawberry Roasted Chickpea Salad with Cinnamon Dijon Vinaigrette from Peas And Thank You
- Avocado Sweet Potato Salad from Vegan Mother Hubbard
- Salad-Free Ways To Eat More Leafy Greens from Chef Amber Shea
- Mixed Green Salad from Dreena Burton’s Plant-Powered Kitchen
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Alternatives For Thanksgiving from FitSugar that include Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes, Pumpkin Custard, Pumpkin Loaf Bread, Skinny Pumpkin-Banana Bars, Pumpkin Bread Pudding, and Pumpkin Pancakes
- Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Pie from Choosing Raw
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls from Eat, Live, Run
- Baked Apples Stuffed with Cinnamon Date Pecan Oatmeal from OhSheGlows
Still in the mood for more recipes? Check out these other sites for more delicious ideas: Gourmet chef Eat, Live, Run’s Thanksgiving Recipe Madness, The Huffington Post’s Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes, Purely Twins’s Starters – Sides – Sweets Holiday Ideas for a gluten-free Thanksgiving, Gluten-Free Holiday Baking, Modelinia’s Model Meal: The Ultimate Thanksgiving Meal, or if you have fussy children check out Fork & Bean’s 10 Kid (and Allergy Friendly) Thanksgiving Ideas.
What’s your favorite part about the Thanksgiving holiday? Do you have a specific Thanksgiving dish that you look forward to year after year?