July was a fun combination of social and family events – Not only did I get a chance to see my parents twice and attend my baby brother’s wedding, I also hosted my first beauty event and did some fun collaborations.
- Social Media – I was introduced to a fun new fashion platform this month called Monogram, be sure to check out my first magazine here.
- Writing, Writing, Writing – This month the fashion styling startup that I’m working with, Ajent.com, is preparing to launch. You can even join our beta testing team for a FREE introductory consultation video chat w/ your own personal stylist!
- Expansion & Growth – This month I rolled out a new website with the help of a friend and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Now I can focus on the more creative side of things for the rest of the Summer.
- Be Positive – During July I had to make some tough personal choices and having a good attitude really carried me through – This month was really a demonstration of how important perspective & positivity can be!
July was a beauty heavy month as I partnered with The Beauty Company in Russian Hill and San Francisco-based nail polish company Floss Gloss to bring together beauty & nail art lovers with the help of Bethann of Beth Animal Print and Donna of So You Agree. You can see pictures from the event here and check out my look for the evening here.
Food & Fitness:
I spent July getting in to the best shape possible and eating well in the hopes that it will help aid my recovery following back surgery. I mixed circuit training, core work, stretching and yoga with a high-raw, vegan diet and was thrilled with the results. Hopefully it’ll work!
New August Goals:
My favorite New York photographer – Lydia Hudgens – Is back in San Francisco and I’m thrilled to be shooting with her over the next two weeks. And during mid-August you should join me in the Marina for a trunk show and shopping event at FashionElles Boutique featuring Sasha Maks Vintage. You can RSVP for the even here.
Food & Fitness:
In terms of health and fitness my sole goal for the month of August is to take it easy and recuperate. My nature is not to sit back and wait but I know I’ll recover faster if I give my body the time it needs to heal. No working out until September!
July Bucket List Review:
- Launch MCLV Newsletter – Done! 🙂 You can join here.
- Film first YouTube video – Filmed and begun editing. Very, very, very nervous.
August Bucket List:
- Plan a trip to Southern California to visit all my girlfriends who moved South after college – Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego here I come!
So tell me, how’s YOUR Summer going?