February may technically be the shortest month, but this year it seemed like an especially long, busy, packed couple of weeks.
February 2014 Round-Up
This month was all about the fashion events – From the Snow 5 Runway Show at the Metreon & San Francisco Fashion Tech Week to the Stylematic Fashion AppLaunch Party & the Alyssa Nicole Spring 2014 Collection Preview.
Not only were all of the events well-organized and a joy to attend, but I got a chance to see a number of fabulous local designers and support Bay Area fashion!
When I think about my food choices in February I’m pretty proud of my success. Usually when things get hectic and I’m running from event to event and always on the go, my diet suffers most. I did a lot of planning and preparing in February though and carried snacks, small meals, and juices or smoothies with me on a rushed days.
My OCD & list making come in handy sometimes! 🙂
I kept up my consistency this month with 5-6 days of circuit workouts & physical therapy, daily walking, and 1-2 session of yoga a week. I also got a chance to chat with New York-based celebrity trainer Key Son about his extensive background in fitness & his fitness recommendations.
New March 2014 Goals
After a February filled with fashion events March will be a bit of a departure – This month I have a number of personal & family events, lots of traveling, and will be working with some great new designers so I can share what’s new in San Francisco fashion with you!
As organized as my kitchen was in February I’ll need to double my efforts this month! With nonstop traveling and weekends away I’m going to be toting around snacks on nearly a daily basis so I’ll need to be extremely prepared.
One of the projects that I’m most excited for this month is meeting trainer Key Son for a special MCLV circuit workout while I’m in New York next week. It’ll be cold, but I can’t wait to see what he has in store for me!
2014 Bucket List:
- Try a new class or type of physical activity every month – In addition to maintaining my yoga habit in February I also added in some spin this month. Man, that’s a sweaty workout!
- Submit a piece of my writer to a publisher – Reread. Edit. Update. Delete. Rewrite. Repeat ad nauseum.
- Travel – March is my first month of adventuring for 2014 and I’ll be heading to New York, Capitola, New Orleans, and prepping for a trip to LA for the beginning of April.
- Broaden my educational horizons – The field of nutrition is constantly changing and I like to keep myself up to date on the studies and new data – This month I read two great books on health & nutrition that I’ll be sharing soon!
- Be a good friend – My best friend since Junior High fled California for the East Coast 12 years ago and I’m thrilled to see him not once but TWICE this month.
How’s YOUR 2014 going so far?