We’re officially into the second half of 2014 and I’m not quite sure how I feel about that… Or how it happened!
But regardless of how quickly this year seems to be progressing, July was a great month. From styling magazine editorials to attending fun fashion events to speaking a the W Hotel – It was an interesting, challenging, and enjoyable month.
Summer in San Francisco is a tumultuous and unpredictable thing. So far this season we’ve gone from rain and intense wind to the hottest day of the year in the span of a single week. That means layers are key – Like the ubiquitous white blazer – Paired with simple pieces like slip dresses, maxi dresses & skirts, and wrap dresses.
There was some brunch baking this month – You’ve GOT to try these vegan, gluten-free cinnamon blondies – But overall it was a healthy month. I did a great deal of cooking and worked on increasing my protein intake to complement my new strength training program at the gym.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram for some pictures of my meals & healthy recipes!
Yoga made a reappearance in my life this month in a big way. I’ve consistently hit a class or two a month this year, but in July I aimed for 1-2 classes a week. I’m doing a six-week kundalini yoga and meditation course and I wanted to add to my training with great weekly classes at Glow.
I also tried aerial yoga this month – It was amazing. So challenging, so hard, and so worthwhile. I had a wonderful time and it only took me four days to be able to walk again!
New August 2014 Goals
In the fashion world August means ramping up for Fashion Week. In addition to the big four – New York, London, Milan, and Paris – San Francisco is upping its fashion game this year by putting on a few of its own so be sure to stay tuned for my coverage!
One of my favorite pastimes is spending quality time in the kitchen. I love creating recipes and trying out new-to-me foods. This month I’ll be stalking San Francisco’s Farmers Markets for fresh seasonal produce so keep an eye on Instagram for some delicious new sweet & savory treats!
Along with yoga this month I stepped up my weightlifting workouts. I’ve spent the last year since my back surgery increasing my strength and focusing on my core, and now I’m going to shift my attentions to lean muscle mass. That means consistently adding HIIT, Pilates, and heavy lifting to my regular weekly schedule.
2014 Bucket List:
- Try a new class/physical activity – Two words. Aerial. Yoga. AMAZING!!
- Publish my writing – Check out some of my recent pieces on Legally Vogue & Style Lend.
- Travel – Just booked my first full-length vacation in two years. Can’t wait to head to Greece for two weeks in the Spring!
- Broaden my educational horizons – In July I signed up for Gabrielle Bernstein’s May Cause Miracles 6 week course filled with wonderful reading, yoga, and meditation. I’m loving it so far!
- Prioritize friendship – July included a few girls nights and coffee dates with friends, it’s been great to see everyone and stay on top of my friends’ lives this year. I’m really glad that I made this a priority for 2014.
How was YOUR July?