I never really wore lipstick in college or even in my early twenties, however in recent years I’ve fallen in love with lipstick and glosses of all varieties.
Why? It’s such an easy way to elevate your look! A red lip can take you from the office to cocktails with just the swipe of your favorite hue. So easy.
Another bonus? I’ve discovered that people don’t notice other things quite as much – Like, say, the bags under my eyes – If there’s a bold color on my lips to focus on. It’s the perfect way to spice up a weekend morning look too. Add some color, throw on giant sunnies, and you’re good to go. No face makeup required!
While I love the idea of a signature hue, I have to confess that I love trying different colors too much to marry any single brand or color.
Here are a few of the ones currently in my bag – And yes, there are all actually in my makeup bag right now, how’s that for obsession?
- NARS Matte Lip Pencil – This little chubby/pencil goes on easy and it super sleek
- bareMinerals Pop of Passion – This is a lightly colored, chapstick-like texture, perfect for a casual evening
- Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Lipstick – My first make-up artist recommended red lipstick
- CLINIQUE Almost Lipstick – This one is a great, bold hue that lasts
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss – The perfect shade of classic red from the super of all supermodels
- CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm – The perfect low-key lippie for when you just want a touch of color
What’s YOUR favorite lipstick? Do YOU have a go-to brand?