A few days into the recent Look For Love Tone It Up Challenge I decided to swoop up the Nutrition Plan as well. While I don’t know that I made a single meal 100% from the plan, I have been using it as inspiration to keep things interesting and tasty during the challenge.
Since I’m mixing things up and trying out some delicious new concoctions I thought it would be fun to post another What I Ate Wednesday to share some of my new favorite recipes & dishes.
What I Ate Wednesday:
- Breakfast: I’ve been on an oats kick lately – Be sure to check out my Coconut Chia Seed Overnight Oats recipe – And have been trying out some tasty new combinations. This week I combined Bob’s Red Mill Quick Oats, Flax & Chia Seeds, Vega Vanilla Protein Powder, and frozen mixed berries from Trader Joe’s.
- Snack: Trail Mix – Raw almonds, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds. Or chia seed pudding – I like it with a little lemon juice or vanilla extract.
- Lunch: Smoothie time! Currently OBSESSED with this combo – Spinach, maca powder, wheatgrass, ginger, lemon, frozen pineapple chunks, and protein powder. My favorites are Vega Vanilla, Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean, Tone It Up Perfect Fit Vanilla Latte, or Sun Warrior Vanilla. Yes, I clearly like vanilla protein powder. I think it’s a bit more versatile than others since it mixes easily with whatever you throw into the blender!
- Snack: Kale leaves smothered in Sabra Hummus & topped with a cold orzo & veggie salad
- Dinner: GIANT salad beast w/ romaine hearts, shredded kale, sugar snap peas, celery & carrots w/ an oil & vinegar dressing heavily coated with kelp grains & turmeric. Plus a side of roasted Brussels sprouts & sweet potato chunks. Sometimes I’ll toss everything together but I was starving after Pilates and started eating the salad while I waited for the veggies to roast.
What’s YOUR favorite dish/recipe right now? Did I miss anything tasty from the Tone It Up Nutritional Plan that I should try?