I’ve done What I Eat in a Day posts in the past, but since my eating habits continually shift, I thought I’d check back in and share an update. After playing with counting macros last year and trying the Tone It Up Challenge earlier this year, I’ve settled into a high protein, plant-based diet in recent months.
My diet and lifestyle have shifted dramatically over the last ten or so years since I first started getting interested in health and nutrition. There were periods where I didn’t workout, whereas now I workout once or twice a day. There were periods where I was fully vegan, fully raw, and fully paleo.
What I’ve learned with all of my trials, and a few errors, is that every body needs something different to fuel it. And, what your body needs may shift from day-to-day. With such a high level of activity these days, plus a super sensitive digestive system, I’ve settled on a diet that definitely can’t be described in one word. Or even a complete sentence.
I’d call my diet – Wait for it – Plant-based, high protein, gluten-free, and lactose-free with an emphasis on whole foods. I try to limit my processed food intake and focus on fresh produce and plant-based protein.
So, without further ado, here’s my high protein vegetarian variation on What I Eat in a Day!
- 5am – A full water bottle at room temperature
- 5:30am – Low/no-sugar green juice and a glass of lemon water, followed by black or green tea
- 6am – Detox shot & supplements
- 8am – Tofu or egg white scramble with veggies and salsa
- 12pm – Green smoothie or smoothie bowl
- 2pm – Protein pancakes
- 4pm – No Cow Bar or another vegan protein bar as a pre-workout snack
- 6pm – Dinners range from veggie & tofu stir fries to giant meal-sized salad beasts to veggie burgers with sautéed veggies on the side
What’s YOUR favorite meal? Do you have something you look forward to eating all day?