In an era of shelter-in-place and social distancing, gyms are simply out of the question. So what’s a person to do? Skip their workouts for a few weeks before gyms open again? Hardly! It’s time to turn to home workouts and workout apps for your fitness needs.
For most of these programs and apps you can get a great workout with just bodyweight. But if you have a home gym or some basic equipment you can add to the burn or try different types of workouts.
I definitely do not have a home gym, but I do have some basic gear that’s come in handy this past week. If you’ve still got Amazon on speed dial, some of these basics may be good add ons to your next online order!
- Yoga mat
- Foam roller
- Booty band
- Resistance bands
- Ankle Weights
- Jump Rope
- Sculpt discs
- Exercise ball
What’s next? Finding the right program for you!
- Tone It Up – This is my go-to program since it’s so versatile. You can choose workouts based on muscle group, equipment/no-equipment, or workout type. They have everything from yoga & kick boxing to weight training, pregnancy programs & barre . (Free trial + $12.99/month)
- Tracy Anderson – Dance-based workouts reverved by celebrities. I’ve done a few workouts and loved them, lots of reps and repetitive movements. Downside? This is a pricey program. (Free trial+ $90/month)
- Megan Roup – New York based trainer’s newly launched Sculpt Society app was timed perfectly. It’s a dance cardio/sculpting workout at a good price. (Free trial + $19.99/month)
- SWEAT with Kayla Itsines – Former known as Bikini Body Guide, Kayla has expanded her fitness empire with this new app. Includes nutritional recommendations and recipes if you’re interested. (Free week + $19.99/month)
- CorePower Yoga – Yoga on Demand with new classes every week. (Free week + $19.99/month)
- Alo Moves – Do anywhere yoga, fitness and meditation programs. (Free trial + $20/month)
- Daily Burn – Large variety of workout videos (60 day trial + $14.95/month)
- Physique 75 – Over 100 videos and new classes each week, high energy sculpting workouts (7 day trial + $24.99/month)
Do you have a favorite home workout program or app that I haven’t mentioned? Share it in the comments below!