When you get pregnant there’s a lot to worry about. There’s a lot to learn. There’s a lot to do. There’s a lot not to do. It can be overwhelming.
Luckily, I have been interested in skin care for years and had already started to transition over to clean brands and products that are better for both myself and the environment.
A few of the no no’s that I read about that pregnant women shouldn’t use are: Benzoyl Peroxide, Fragrances, BPA, Hydroquinone, Formaldehyde, Parabens, Phthalates, Retinoids, Salicylic Acid, Thioglycolic Acid, Chemical Sunscreens, and Botulinum Toxin.
Some of those I expected – Botox & Retinol – Others were more of a surprise, like Benzoyl Perioxide. Others I don’t think should be in any products and you should throw away bottles if you see them on a label (Formaldehyde, BPA).
Luckily, my core skin care routine, minus the retinol, was in the clear. Below are the pregnancy safe skin care products that I used, and loved, throughout my pregnancy:
- BIOSSANCE Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil
- Farmacy Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer with Moringa and Papaya
- Ren Skincare Clean Screen Mattifying Face Sunscreen SPF 30
- SUPERGOOP! PLAY 100% Mineral Broad Spectrum Lotion SPF 50
- FARMACY Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask
- FARMACY Coconut Gel Sheet Mask – Hydrating
- Caudalie Instant Detox Mask
I was pretty happy with what I found and I’m sure that I’ll keep using these brands and products for years to come!
What’s on YOUR beauty shelf?