September 2014 was one for the books!
When I first started thinking about this post, so many ideas and events and fun antidotes came to mind that I didn’t quite know how to narrow it down. Champagne tastings, tattoos, London Fashion Week, shopping events, Giants games, photo shoots… All I can do it hope that October will be half as much fun!
September 2014 Round-Up
The big news for me from a sartorial standpoint during September was my trip to London Fashion Week for the CCUOCO SS15 Show – An amazing trip, an amazing city, and an amazing show!
Between travel and Q3 coming to a close at the office, it was a hectic month. Sometimes when I’m overwhelmed I’ll turn to convenience foods, but with two juice shops near my office I was in a position to make much better choices this month.
Curious about green juice and the great benefits of juicing? Check out my Project Juice Cleanse post.
New October 2014 Goals
Stay tuned for Halloween-apalooza here on MCLV. I love Halloween and was disappointed that my October/November move last year kept me from celebrating so I’ll be going all out this year. Decorations, desserts, costumes & more!
I’m also excited to share the new Fall/Winter 2014 outerwear collection from local designer A by Anubha – You may remember our daytime and nighttime outerwear shoots from last year. Can’t wait to show you the beautiful pieces!
October means one thing over here at MCLV Headquarters. And that one thing is pumpkin. I hoard cans of organic pumpkin year around to slip into recipes, but I try to hold off on the overtly pumpkin-based recipes until this time of year rolls around.
If you’re pumpkin-ly inclined as well, be sure to try these delicious recipes – Pumpkin Biscuits, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars, and Cinnamon Blondies. They’re all vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly!
I was excited to discover that the BodyFi studio across the street from my office has everything from personal training to TRX to Pilates. Stay tuned for a full review of the classes I’ve taken!
Working hard on your own fitness goals for Fall? Be sure to read my The Truth About Working Out post to see if you’re doing everything you can to stay healthy!
2014 Bucket List:
- Try a new class/physical activity – TRX baby! I’ve been wanting to give this resistance workout a try for a while and was thrilled with the results.
- Publish my writing – With all my travel time in September I went back and reread some of the first stories and books I wrote when I was in my late teens and early twenties. It was really interesting and fun to see how far my writing has come over the years.
- Travel – I was thrilled to take my first vacation in a few years and spent a glorious 8 days in London. Next up… Heading back to New York in October!
- Broaden my educational horizons – This month I rediscovered my love of mythology and spent hours lost in some new and old favorites like The Power of Myth and Mythology. I’m also getting ready for my 2015 trip to Greece with some language text books. Next step – Open them!
- Prioritize friendship – From collaborations with blogging friends to texting chains with college friends, I worked hard to keep up with everyone this month!
How was YOUR September?