Welcome back to another Celebrity Trainer installation with Key Son. Today we’re tackling a model workout that can be done ANYWHERE with NO equipment. You know what that means?
9 Exercise Circuit Training
All exercises and pictures are from my book, The New York Model Workout. The result is structured shoulders, a thin, tapered, and flat waist, with long, well-balanced lean legs and tighter glutes.
Start with 1 circuit which is a full completion of 9 exercises and increase at your own pace to 3 circuits of the 9 exercises which is 1 full workout. Rest 30 seconds between exercises, then 2-3 minutes between circuits, increase full workout frequency to 2-3 times a week.
In addition, do 45-60 minutes of cardiovascular work such as moderately paced walking 2-3 times a week. For body fat reduction, the focus must be on burning calories. Body fat reduction can only take place when more energy is being burned than consumed. Oxygen allows fat and glucose to be used a fuel, this is the law of thermodynamics.
1. Reach 20 reps: The Reach is a warm up and flexibility exercise. It works on balance and coordination and tones the back of the legs, hips, and lower back.
Stand on both feet with arms at sides. Draw midsection in (bring in navel towards spine). Tighten stomach. Reach with both hands toward ground. Aim for a spot 2-3 feet from you, at 45 degrees to the ground. While lowering, keep legs straight. Then, activate hamstrings and gluteus. Stand back up until hip is extended. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
2. Single Leg Squat 20 reps: The Single Leg Squat works directly on the genu articularis which tightens the knee capsule. It reduces and tightens the area above the knee.
Stand on one foot with foot pointing straight ahead. Draw midsection in. Tighten stomach. Keep raised leg next to standing leg. Lower body by bending knee on standing leg to 45 degrees. Push through heel and tighten gluteus, stand back up. Tighten the knee on the standing leg as you stand up and extend. Repeat for 20 repetitions on each leg.
3. Kickback 40 reps: The Kickback works on the gluteus maximus and upper hamstring. It tightens the posterior hip.
Start on all fours, with the spine in a neutral position. Draw midsection in. Tighten stomach. Slowly extend one leg with toes pointed away from the body. Keep leg straight. Hold for two seconds. Lower leg to the ground. Repeat for 40 Repetitions on each leg.
4. Prone Isometric Stand 20 seconds: The Prone Isometric Stand works on the transversus abdominus. It strengthens the stabilizing portion of the core and tapers the waist.
Push up position on the floor with feet and hands on the ground. Tighten stomach. Keep body off the ground forming a straight line from head to toe. Hold for 15-20 seconds.
5. Crunch 100 reps: The Crunch works on the rectus abdominus. It tightens and tones the frontal midsection.
On the floor with knees bent and both feet flat on floor. Draw midsection in. Tighten stomach. Flex abs in. Move upper body forward and back off the floor, bringing the lower rib cage toward hips. Slowly lower upper body to the floor. Repeat for 100 repetitions.
6. Kneebend 40 reps: The Kneebend works on the hip flexor and rectus abdominus. It tightens the lower abs.
Lie flat on the floor with hips and knees bent at a 90-degree angle, feet in the air and arms to sides stabilizing body. Draw midsection in. Tighten stomach. Lift hips off the floor bringing the knees toward the chest. Slowly lower the hips to the floor. Repeat for 40 repetitions.
7. Rotational Crunch 100 reps: The Rotational Crunch works on the rectus abdominus and serratus anterior. It tightens and tones the frontal midsection and upper sides of midsection.
On the floor with knees bent and both feet flat on floor. Draw midsection in. Tighten stomach. Flex abs in. Move upper body forward and lift one shoulder towards the opposite side off the floor, bringing the lower rib cage toward hips. Slowly lower upper body to the floor. Repeat for 50 repetitions in each direction for 100 repetitions.
8. Leg Over 10 reps on each side: The Leg Over works on the gluteus minimus, internal and external obliques. It tapers the waist and tones the outer hip.
Lie on the floor with both legs straight and together. Keep arm up at sides with palms down. Draw midsection in. Tighten stomach. Lift one leg up and over to the opposite side. Only go as far as you comfortably can and touch the ground. Lift the leg back up and return to the same side. Repeat 10 times for each leg. Feel a stretch in the outer hamstrings.
9. Upperbody Stretch 10 reps on each side: The Upperbody Stretch works on the internal and external obliques. It tapers the waist and tones the outer hip.
Lie on the floor with one leg straight and the other knee bent and turned towards the opposite side. Keep arms up at sides with palms up. Draw midsection in. Tighten stomach. Lift one arm and shoulder up and over to the opposite side. Only go as far as you comfortably can and reaching for the other hand. Return slowly to original position. Repeat 10 times on each side. Feel a stretch in the obliques.
I’m giving this series a try this week – Are YOU going to try this model workout?