After sharing my favorite cleansers of 2020, I thought I’d share my suncreen picks as well. The number one thing that you can do to protect your skin and reduce the signs of aging is wear sunscreen every single day. This was one of the lessons that my mom taught me and which I learned the value of over the course of my 20’s and 30’s.
There are two types of sunscreen – Mineral and chemical. And there is A LOT of news and information out there on which is better, what they do differently for your skin, and what product you should choose.
The truth of the matter is, however, that you should pick whatever sunscreen you will wear. If you don’t like the formulation or the white caste or the smell, you won’t wear it, so it doesn’t matter if it’s “better” than another sunscreen.
That being said, I do have fairly strong preferences and I like lightweight formulations that don’t feel oily or greasy. Below are my current favorites:
- Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30
- Farmacy Green Defense Daily Mineral Sunscreen
- Algenist Sublime Defense Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50
- Supergoop! PLAY Everyday Lotion SPF 50
- First Aid Beauty Weightless Liquid Mineral SPF 30
- Clinique Pep-Start Daily UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 50
A few notes on sunscreen:
(1) Be sure to spread it on your neck and bring the product down to your decollete. Also, be sure that you cleanse those areas at the end of the day!
(2) I know the eye area is sensitive, but it’s also the thinnest skin on the face, so you want to be sure to get your sunscreen under there.
What’s YOUR favorite sunscreen?