I’m a creature of habit when it comes to my food choices during the week. There are a few variables – Usually shifts based on what’s in my CSA that week – But for the most part, my meals are similar if not identical each day.
A salad or a quick sauté are my go-to for midweek dinners. And for the same reason – They’re packed with nutrients and can be adjusted based on whatever happens to be in my kitchen on any given evening.
- 1/4 Purple Onion Diced
- 1/2 Zucchini Chopped
- Handful of Broccoli Florets
- 1 Small Tomato Chopped
- Handful of Frozen Corn
- 1 Cube of Wildwood Sprouted Tofu
- Seasonings: Garlic Powder, Himalayan Sea Salt, Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute & Smoked Paprika
- Spray non-stick sauté pan with coconut oil or EVOO
- Chop veggies & choose a protein
- Add to pan
- Sprinkle desired seasonings
- Stir occasionally for ~10 minutes or until desired consistency is reached
Bonus? Killer leftover!
Make a huge batch over the weekend and munch on it all week. Throw it over rice or quinoa with tofu or tempeh as an entrée, or eat as a side with a (veggie) burger!
Stay tuned for the next MCLV Mange installment and check out the previous posts from this series to see what you’ve missed so far: